We understand that safety best practices translate into excellent employee morale and health, increased productivity, and the highest caliber of work.
That’s why safety orientation and training begins on the first day of employment at J. F. Electric, and continues with regular job-site inspections, toolbox talks, and periodic employee evaluations.
We know that with proper training and attention to detail, most accidents and injuries can be prevented. It’s our objective to achieve zero accidents and injuries at each jobsite. To further this objective, management constantly maintains and upgrades our safety and property protection programs for our employees and our clients.
Every employee takes an active part in preventing, reporting and correcting safety and health hazards. If an employee sees an unsafe job condition, they are empowered to stop work to get the situation addressed. By making our employees responsible and accountable for maintaining our safety standards, they become part of the solution.
J.F. Electric’s corporate safety director, with management support, administers a written safety program that meets or exceeds OSHA standards. In the interest of protecting the health and safety of our employees, and in compliance with federal regulations, J. F. Electric has instituted a Drug and Alcohol Zero-Tolerance Program.
Our company-wide commitment to safety is good for our workers and ultimately, good for our clients, too.
J.F. Electric Safety Department Qualifications
- Associate Safety Professional (ASP)
- Certified Safety Professional (CSP)
- Certified Utility Safety Professional (CUSP)
- ISO 9001 Certified
- OSHA 510 Standards for Construction Industry
- OSHA 500/501/502 Trainers in Occupational and Health for Construction Industry
- Missouri & Illinois State Licensed Asbestos Inspector
- OSHA 10 & 30 Construction & General Industry
- OSHA 10 & 20 Transmission & Distribution
- Respiratory Training Fundamentals
- Principals of Industrial Ventilation
- Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations
- BS Degree in Occupational Safety & Health
- BS Degree in Industrial Technology
- Hazard Communication
Certified Instructors in:
- Excavation & Trenching Competent Person
- Confined Space Competent Person
- CPR/First Aid/AED
- Qualified Rigger/Signal Person
- ATSSA – Flagger
- ATSSA – Traffic Control Supervisor
J.F. Electric is compliant with: