Whether it’s a small single circuit distribution sub or a large transmission switching station attached to the grid, J.F. Electric has the experience and operational understanding to safely perform the job in a timely manner while meeting the utilities need of system protection and outage schedule.
J.F. Electric can operate as a General Contractor to provide a turnkey substation by utilizing strong sub-contractor relationships.
J.F. Electric is proficient in the following substation work for voltages ranging up to 345kV:
- NERC Security System Upgrades
- Grounding Systems
- Conduit/Cable Trench Installation
- Site Drainage Systems
- Steel and Buss Erection
- Electrical Equipment Installation
- CCVT’s, Circuit Switchers, Wave Traps, etc.
- Transformer Assembly and Commissioning
- Breaker Assembly and Commissioning
- Switch Installation and Timing
- Control Cable Installation and Termination
- Control Enclosure Set-up
- Relay Testing
- Scheduled Maintenance